classical lit

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Cupid and Psyche

I really loved this story. Although Psyche was a little naive, Cupid was a Mamma's boy, and Venus was the mother-in-law from hell, it was a beautiful. It was so romantic that the god of love fell in love, and that Psyche not only fell in love with her faceless husband, but love its self. I also enjoyed the evil sisters, they were so evil that I think they might have given Goneril and Regan a run for their money. It added so much that it was a frame story because you not only got to enjoy the the beautiful story that was being told, you also had to remember that it was being told by a nasty old woman to a beautiful captive girl in a dark and menacing cave. How horrible it would have been to be Charite, and not know if you would ever see your beloved fiance again. Especially after reading farther into the story and seeing how it ended for her, I hope that she at least got a little comfort and joy out of the beautiful story of Cupid and Psyche.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zeppelin said...

I'm trying to post the same story on my blog.. it is a nice story.. I'm stealing the picture, hope you don't mind :)

9:37 AM  
Blogger Kopal Shrivastava said...

I tried to frame this story in the form of a poem ..check it out!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home